So I suppose I should carry on with the short and snappy thing.
Nah, if the muse takes me, I'll run with it.
Argentina so far has been something of a strange experience. You feel as if you're in Spain, a mere couple of hours from home, rather than the twenty-odd it took us to get here. The obvious reason is that everyone speaks Spanish (duh) and most of the cars on the road are European, apart from the main brands being here.
It's when you stop and think that you're on a different continent, standing upside down and people are in shirt-sleaves because summer's coming, that it dawns on you that we're not in Europe any more, Humphrey.
I suppose when we get out of the big city we'll start feeling the change: concrete and glass are concrete and glass wherever you are, really.
- Posted in the wild using my iPad
It's true - it looks just like any other big city anywhere in Europe....but you've got such interesting things lined up in different places that the culture shock thingy will definitely happen. But not while you're still in town. When you off?
ReplyDeleteMonday morning, 2 hour flight North to the Iguazu Falls
ReplyDelete